Troubleshooting CGI Scripts
Does that CGI Script just not work? Please check a few things before going any further:
- Are the paths to PERL, sendmail, and your absolute path correct as described here?
- Is your script CHMODed correctly (usually 755 or above, see instructions that come with the script)?
- Are your scripts uploaded in ASCII mode? If you uploaded them in binary mode, your scripts WILL NOT WORK! You MUST use
ASCII mode for CGI scripts.
- If you still can not figure out what the problem is, check the error log will be in your domainname-logs directory.
"Internal Server Error"
"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."
"Please contact the server administrator, email@example.com and inform them of the time the
error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error."
This means that your script either:
- Could not write to a file to which it needed access.
- Could not find a file to which it needed access.
- Had some other compilation error.
- Does not have the correct permission. Unless otherwise mentioned in the installation directions, scripts
usually must be set to 755.
- May be referencing the wrong Perl version
- Paths may be set wrong
"POST not implemented."
It is likely that a path is set wrong or that a file is missing.
Tips for CGI Installations
- Read the readme or installtion instructions for the script. If there isn't any documentation in a seperate file,
check the script itself, some scripts contain instructions along with the coding.
- Try contacting the scripts author.
- Make sure permissions are set correctly.
- Make sure paths are set correctly
- Make sure the script was transfered to the server in ASCII not binary.