FrontPage Disk-Based Web
The FrontPage extensions must be installed before you begin to publish your web with Frontpage. FrontPage extensions are
installed in the control panel.
You will be asked for a user name and password. The first time you use FP, you will need to enter the
ftp/control paneluser name and password. Later, you can change the FP password so that it is different from the ftp/control panel password, if desired
Create your site or page
Before you can publish an html file to your web site with FrontPage, you must either have a page already created, or create a
page. To create a page with FrontPage, follow these simple steps:
1. With FrontPage open, choose File --> New.
2. Type in "This is a test"
3. From the menu bar, choose File --> Save As.
4. Name the html file.
(If this file is to be your homepage, be sure to name it index.html)
Once you have the file saved to your hard drive, you are ready to publish the file
Publish to Server in FrontPage 98
1) After opening the disk based web you created on your pc, click on FILE in the upper left hand corner of
FrontPage explorer, then click PUBLISH FRONTPAGE WEB
2) Enter your domain name in the box titled "Publish FrontPage Web". Use your IP address if your
domain isnt working yet.
NOTE: If your "Destination Web Server" doesn't appear in the Publish window (it won't
the first time you publish to our server) CHOOSE "More Webs" and type the location of the web to publish to. Hit return. IMPORTANT: Use www.yourdomain.com as
the Destination Web Server to publish to our server. Leave the "Destination Web Name" BLANK.
3) Enter the username and password you were assigned.
Publish to Server in FrontPage 2000
1. From the menu bar, choose File --> Publish Web .
You'll get a dialog box like this:
2. Click on the Options button
You will see a dialog box like this:
3. In box below Specify the location to publish your site to: enter the full URL for your site.
4. If this is the first time you are publishing your site, select Publish all pages...
5. Select Include subwebs.
You should now have a dialog box that looks like this:
Obviously, you will have put your real domain name instead of 'mydomain.com'
6. Click the Publish button.
You should now see a dialog box like this one:
7. Enter your username and password.
If you have entered all the details correctly, FrontPage 2000 will then publish your site. You will see a
dialog box like this one when it has finished:
8. Click Done.
Further Microsoft FrontPage Support
If you need further assistance using FrontPage, go to http://builder.com/Authoring/FrontPage98/ and http://support.microsoft.com/directory/