Web Based FrontPage
The following instructions are for remotely administering your website with FrontPage. If you choose to use the following
method, you will be saving changes directly to your website NOT to your hard drive. This results in real time changes to your site anytime you choose the save option
in the FrontPage editor instead of having to republish them each time you make a change.
The instructions below assume you have successfully published your website from your hard drive at least once before.
1) On the FILE menu, click on "Open FrontPage Web"
2) In the window called "Getting Started". Click on "Open Existing FrontPage Web", and then
click on "More Webs..."
3) At "Select a Web server of disk location:" put in your domain name You do not need to put in the
"www" before it.
4) Click on List Webs to show the FrontPage webs.
5) Select "<Root Web>" (or whichever web you are working with if more than 1 is listed) and
click the "OK" button.
6) Next, you will be prompted to enter the username and password required to publish to the website. Enter the
proper information and click the "OK" button.
Further Microsoft FrontPage Support
If you need further assistance using FrontPage, go to http://builder.com/Authoring/FrontPage98/