How To Configure the Outlook Express Mail Program:
1. In Outlook Express, select Tools from the main menu, and then select Accounts. The Internet Accounts
dialog box opens.
2. Make sure the Mail tab is selected. Single-click on the Add> button, and then choose Mail
from the pop-up list. The Internet Connection Wizard opens, displaying the Your Name page.
3. Type your name in the Display Name field. Select Next>. The Internet E-mail Address
4. Type the e-mail address you have set up on your account from your hosting company in the E-Mail address
field. Make sure the option I have an e-mail address that I'd like to use is selected. Select Next>. The E-mail Server Names
If Outlook Express is configured for other mail addresses, these fields may automatically be completed. If needed, this
information can be deleted and replaced with the new information.
5. From the Mail server type drop-down list, choose POP3. Enter the name of your Incoming Mail Server
: This is your domain name (e.g., mycompany.com). Enter the name of your Outgoing Mail Server: This is your Internet Service
Provider's (ISP) outgoing mail server. If you do not know this, you will need to contact your ISP to provide you with the information.
6. When done, select Next>. The Internet Mail Logon
page displays. Type the e-mail username and password for your e-mail account in the appropriate fields. Select Next>.
7. At the Congratulations screen, select Finish to complete the setup.
These instructions are accurate, as of Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0.
1. When Outlook Express Starts click Tools -> Accounts.
2. Inside the "Internet Accounts
Windows" click Add -> Mail.
3. Fill in your name. Click Next.
4. Click "I already have an e-mail address that I'd like to use" and fill in your
email address. Click Next.
5. On the "Email Servers Name" page, fill in the server information. "My incoming mail server is a POP3 server." The
incoming mail server should be your domain. The Outgoing Mail (SMTP) should be from your ISP. Click Next
6. Put in your mailbox username in the account name field,
and the password below. Click Next.
7. Click Finish.